Hoffbauer

Ideen,Fundstücke im Netz, Gedanken

13 Dezember 2005

 

Technorati's tortoise

Technorati's tortoise: "I like Technorati, the blog-based search engine. I've been a user since the early days, I know people who work there, and I put in some time to add Technorati links to Salon's pages. I've read Dave Sifry's honest admissions of the company's scaling problems and the efforts they've made to improve the response speed and up-time of their service. The Technorati site indeed seems to work a lot better these days.

But I'm still finding that, for my blog at least, it's simply not doing a very timely job, and 'real-time search' is what Technorati is supposed to be all about. For instance, right now it's reporting that I haven't updated for three days, even while it lists several links to my newer posts. And the RSS feed for the search on links to my blog -- which I subscribed to many moons ago -- has been broken for ages; the search you do on Technorati proper returns plenty of results, but the feed almost never includes what's in the site search. Have they given up on RSS? Is Technorati still hobbling? Is there something I should be doing that I'm not? What's the deal? "
Comments: Kommentar veröffentlichen



<< Home

Archives

Oktober 2005   November 2005   Dezember 2005   Januar 2006   Februar 2006   Juni 2006   Juli 2006   Oktober 2006   November 2006   Februar 2007   November 2007   Januar 2010   September 2010  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?