Hoffbauer

Ideen,Fundstücke im Netz, Gedanken

07 November 2005

 
I was looking up movies on Google for a new test file for the OPML Validator, and noted that they now have showtimes and reviews. Nicely done. I heard Bill Gates quoted as saying that their search results will eventually catch up with Google's. But that's not the game. I'm sure he remembers Ken Olson, who said that eventually their desktop computers would be faster than Apple's. I'm sure they were. Didn't matter. Everyone was using Macs. (For a while at least.) Now I imagine Bill thinks he's going to do to Google what he did to Apple, but I don't think so. We're developing usage patterns that are hard to break. When MS comes up with a service that I lust for that I can't get on Google, then we might have something. But tail-light-chasing won't cut it here. I got my habits, and Google keeps giving me more. There are things on Yahoo I can't find on Google. Until today one of them was an excellent aggregation of movie reviews and showtimes. But Google just made it easier for me to use theirs."
Comments: Kommentar veröffentlichen



<< Home

Archives

Oktober 2005   November 2005   Dezember 2005   Januar 2006   Februar 2006   Juni 2006   Juli 2006   Oktober 2006   November 2006   Februar 2007   November 2007   Januar 2010   September 2010  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?